Sunday, April 23, 2017

Crown Review #42 - Winter

Winter - Marissa Meyer


Rating: 5/5 Stars
Series: The Lunar Chronicles, #4
Length: 823 Pages
Purchase: [Amazon] | [Barnes & Noble]

Synopsis:
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mark her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend--the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn't as weak as Levana believes her to be and she's been undermining her stepmother's wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that's been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters? Fans will not want to miss this thrilling conclusion to Marissa Meyer's national bestselling Lunar Chronicles series.
______________________________________________________________________

I had an amazing time reading the series and when I finally made to the final book, I just could not believe that I was finally at the end. It was almost like I did not want the series to end at all. I wanted to get back into the series, so I got all the books together and read them in order and then went onto the next book when I was done. When I came to this book, I only thought I would finish the book in two or three days thinking it was the same length as the other books. Afterwards, I saw the how long the book was. All I could think was "Bring it On!" At the end, it took about a week and I did not plan for it to take that long.

Despite how long it took, I loved every single second of it. You could see the final pieces of the rebellion and how Levana is reacting to all of it. You can see the struggle in Levana as she attempts to finish Cinder once and for all, but she shows that she is not an easy person to defeat. She knows how to put up a fight.

In this book, we finally get to see more of Winter and her connection to Cinder and Levana and the entire story in its entirety. I believe that Winter is more of an underdog. I did not expect her to play a pivotal role in the rebellion, but she proved me wrong. She was able to do things I did not expect her to do and things that she did had a huge impact in the story. Winter played an important role, and I would not have even expected that at all. I did not even expect it in the third book when she made her first appearance.

The fight between Levana and Cinder was absolutely thrilling to read. I have always wondered how the final battle was going to go. I figured it was going to be gift verses gift but the gift was not the only weapon used. It was interesting to see how this was finally going to go down and I can say that I did not expect anything less than amazing and thrilling.

At the end, I am glad that I finally got the finish the series and it is going to be one of my favorites of all time. I have never read nor watched the original fairy tale and works based on the story, so I went into the series very opened minded with the facts I knew about each fairy tale. I only wish that I could read more, so I will probably pick up the Wire and Nerves books sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment