Saturday, April 22, 2017

Crown Review #41 - Cress

Cress - Marissa Meyer


Rating: 5/5 Stars
Series: The Lunar Chronicles, #3
Length: 582 Pages
Purchase: [Amazon] | [Barnes & Noble]

Synopsis:
Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker; unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.
 
______________________________________________________________________

At this point, I cannot stop reading the series. I have already flew through Scarlet and just flew through Cress in a matter of a couple days. At this rate, I could finish the series in just another three or four days. One thing that I know for a fact is that I am enjoying the series way to much, and there is nothing wrong about this. (Right??)

After reading the third installment, I personally believe that Cress is the best book of the series. I do not know how Winter is going to hold up, but right now I loved reading every single page of this book. Cress has become my favorite character in the entire series very quickly (sorry Iko). I enjoyed reading about Cress, her history, and her relationship with Thorne. I was rooting for them two since the very beginning. I even laughed when this part happened:
“'I promise, I will not let you die without being kissed.''I’m dying now.''You are not dying'”
It may be weird, but I very rarely laugh while reading. Cress's character somehow managed to crack it and this very point after learning about their relationship even before they met. I imagined the scene as it happened, and when this part happened, I imagined in it so clearly, it was just funny. I just could not stop laughing.

In the review for Scarlet, I mentioned that I did like Scarlet's POV but was not much of a fan for Cinder's POV. However, my opinions flipped for this book. I really enjoyed reading about Cinder in this book with her plans on how she is going defeat the Lunar Queen and moments with Kai, directly and indirectly. I did not even enjoy reading about Scarlet. It wasn't about what was going on or what happened to her, it was about the amount of time she got in the book. I just wanted Scarlet to be in the book more, although I do understand why she wasn't featured much.

Other than that, everything else I completely enjoyed reading about, except for a couple scenes involving Levana and a sad scene that happened. I just could not stop reading the series and I am into way to much. I know that Scarlet is going to be featured more in the next book, Winter, but I hope Cress and Thorne gets a lot of time to. I need more of them. They made this book amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment