Saturday, October 29, 2016

Crown Review #2 - Unwind

Unwind - Neal Shusterman


Rating: 6/5 Stars
Series: Unwind, #1
Length: 335 Pages
Purchase: [Amazon] | [Barnes & Noble]

Synopsis:
Connor, Risa, and Lev are running for their lives.

The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state, is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive.

“In a perfect world everything would be either black or white, right or wrong, and everyone would know the difference. But this isn't a perfect world. The problem is people who think it is.”

Normally, a 5 Star rating from me would mean I enjoyed the book.
However, I really enjoyed this book, more than I thought I would. 

I read this book because it was suggested in a book group that I recently joined, and the group ended up reading it as a read-a-long. This was the first time I ever tried any of this; joining a group and doing a read-a-long with others. Usually I read at my own pace, and whatever I want to choose to do. 

This time, I decided to do something different, and give this book a try. 

When I first read the synopsis, I was so against the book. I figured it would not interest me much. However, the topic of the book kept coming up, and eventually, I gave in as it started to become interesting and I realized that the topic could actually interest me.

~~~

In this book, it has done something most other books haven't done to me: Think.
This is the only book that has made me think, what could be, how would it be, if all these was real. What would I even do? Everything made me wonder, and I believe that is why I really enjoyed this book more than I thought I would.

The characters were amazing, and very enjoyable to read about. The main characters were very personable, and well described that you really got to know them as if they were real. They were a few bumps among the relationships, but the humor in the book to good care of it.

The events were fast-paced, perfect for this kind of book. The pace wasn't to fast, but just the perfect speed to enjoy it. Although, I must mention that there were some chapters that seemed to drag on and could have easily been made into multiple chapters, but that only happened once or twice. 

99% of the book is amazing, and even beyond that. 
I'm already to impatient to wait for the next books to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment